Headed to a picnic? Spice up the classic deviled egg dish with this suggestion from Recipe Matcher:
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- To Taste (garnish) Seasoning - Paprika
- To Taste Seasoning - Salt
- 1/3 Cup (chopped) Shallot
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard - Dijon
- To Taste Seasoning - Black Pepper
- 1 Stalk (finely chopped) Celery
- 2 (seeded and finely chopped) Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 12 Eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs, lower the heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove the eggs, run cold water over them, then cover with ice-cold water for 10 minutes, cracking each shell lightly to let some water in. Drain and peel.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a bowl, mash with a fork, then stir in the mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Add the jalapenos, onion, and celery and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound the egg-white halves with the filling and sprinkle with paprika.